Thursday 22 December 2011

Okada Rider Sent to Prison for Sleeping with His Daughters

"He has been sleeping with me since I was 12 years
old and when I reported him to my mother, she
warned me not to tell anybody because it will bring
shame to our family. Now I am 18 and I can’t
continue to bear it so I told...
my friend who informed the NGO about it. He also
sleeps with my younger sister."
Those were the words of the first daughter of a 51-
year-old Okada Rider, Collins Oleka,]' who was
arraigned before Mrs. A.A. Oshoniy of the family
court 6, Ikeja, Lagos, for Harassing, Sexually
Assaulting and Penetrating Into his two daughters -
Chiamaka Oleka, aged 18 and Ginika Oleka, aged
15 .
Mr. Collins, a native of Mbano in Imo State, is said to
have committed the offence on the 17th day of
September 2011, contrary to and punishable under
sections 262 and 259 laws of Lagos State of Nigeria
2011.
When the charges were read to him, the randy
father pleaded not guilty. He was granted bail by
the magistrate, Mrs. Oshoniyi, in the sum of
N200,000 and a surety whose address must be
verified. He was however sent to the Kirikiri prison
when no one came forward to surety for him in the
circumstances .
On her part, the Executive Director of the Lagos-
based NGO that reported the matter to police said
her organisation’s primary duty is pioneering,
promoting and practising sexual violence response
and vowed to see to the end of the case. She thus
pleaded anonymity.
The magistrate adjourned the case till February 12.

"This man is a fag hell awaits him"

No comments:

Post a Comment